[duxuser] Re: formatting a book

  • From: "Diane Nousanen" <DianeNousanen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 12:09:37 -0600

Thank you, Steve, that accomplished what I wanted, but, boy is it
aggravating. One problem is that I didn't want to use textbook format
so I used the standard literary format. In Word, using the BANA
template, I designated the title page (and later the main page)--that
puts a message at each location in red saying what it's going to do in
Duxbury and the message will self-destruct. Well, the message doesn't
go away. Then, on my title page, I had some blank lines (which I
wanted). In Dux those cause the heading style to start and stop on
each side of the blank line -- which, when translated, causes each
blank line to function as a page break. Then I wanted to format an
attribution. There's a Word style for it, but it didn't seem to carry
over, and I never did find a way to do it in Dux.

Thank you Betsy and Debra who offered to help me over the phone--I may
well have occasion to call you in the near future.

Diane Nousanen
DianeNousanen@xxxxxxxxx
(512) 206-9108
1100 West 45th St.