[duxuser] Re: forcing a contraction

  • From: "Riessen, Kathleen (SA School for Vision Impaired)" <Kathleen.Riessen440@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 02:01:40 +0000

Jean:

dummy code: in DBT ctrl-[ then just put a forward slash in in the code boxes.
In Word this can be entered as [[*/*]] if you use the feature of embedding
codes in the Word document.

I find this quite a handy code to use when you want to break contractions.

?However I have just tested with 1.11 and saving as a .doc file (docx files can
do funny things with italics). By ensuring that the space between the two
italicised words is not in italics, the italics are coming out properly.

?

As far as the Latin being uncontracted I am unsure what is happening. It
contracted for me in an example that I quickly set up. I would really be
interested in seeing the section of your Word file that this is occurring in to
see if we can nut out what is happening.

Kathy

Kathy Riessen

Coordinator Alternative Print Production

South Australian School for Vision Impaired

Tel: 08 8277 5255

Email:
Kathleen.Riessen440@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Kathleen.Riessen440@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>