[duxuser] Re: correct formatting please

  • From: "Kaari Parrish" <kparrish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 21:47:47 -0900

I couldn't find it in the BANA rules (was hoping somebody would, to be
honest), but I did find the official rule in the NLS 2000 edition of the
Instruction Manual for Braille Transcribing, section 13-4:
     "A slash terminates the effect of a composition sign, therefore, when a
slash occurs between 2 capitalized or italicized words or abbreviations, the
appropriate capital, double capital, or italic sign is repeated before the
second word or abbreviation."
     Examples: USOM/APO - there are double capital signs before the USOM and
before the APO.
     Also, TEN/cj (initials at the end of a letter) - double capitals before
TEN, nothing before cj.

     So yep, you were right! The Rules say so!
Kaari