[duxuser] Re: Word template

  • From: "Susan" <chrn3292@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 00:18:38 -0600

Jean,

I'm guessing your toolbars at work are not layering one above the other, and
likely sitting at the end of another toolbar (or the styles toolbar is
sitting at the end of the character styles toolbar). In theory, the toolbars
should load in the same position as the last time you had them open, but
that's not always the case, and I haven't figured out a way to get
consistent behavior.

Close all toolbars you don't need. First have someone move the toolbars so
they can be seen entirely. Save and close the file and then reopen or attach
the template to a new document and see if the toolbars hold their new
position. If they do, it should be OK. If not, does Jaws care where the
toolbars are located? If not, you might try moving them to a different
location on the screen. For example, you could try docking them both at the
bottom of the screen, or maybe the character styles docked along the left
side of the screen and then try keeping the styles toolbar at the top.

Susan