[duxuser] Re: So Close and Yet So Far Away

  • From: Ann Byrne <annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 18:55:08 -0500

I think that error is something about ports and connectivity. Enabling technologies will be able to help with it. I think the solution is kind of geeky. Something about USB connections and parallel ports maybe.

Good luck! You're making great progress! Isn't it amazing how much a person needs to know to make assistive tech work! We all have to be stinkin' smart! ... And of course we are (smile)
At 06:21 PM 7/18/2013, you wrote:

Alas... I am at a loss... I say with a heavy sigh and heavier heart.

Now the embosser says, " unknown error minus one." One problem was my paper. I learned from a lister that there is a paper sensor that I wasn't sliding my paper under. Another person taught me about when to and when not to translate a file. Someone else helped me get my file and Duxbury working together, how to open DBT and get the file into it. Someone else has offered me a manual which I have gratefully accepted: and on and on your generosity has gone. If someone can help with this last problem, "error minus one? I would be very grateful. If not, I will be contacting enabling Technologies and praying for "Pennies From Heaven" enough to make enough dollars to pay them to fix whatever the problem might be. I don't have the manual yet but I hope my questions and problems with this can be solved by reading and learning to understand this that I might be able to fix the problem myself. Thank all of you for sharing your knowledge with me. I am not technologically inclined and your patience has been very much appreciated.

With Much Gratitude,

Lynda
* as the subject to duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx . You may also
* options by visiting www.freelists.org .  The list archive