[duxuser] Re: Shortcut keys for runover offset styles

  • From: "Dave Durber" <d.durber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 17:52:54 -0500

Ann:

The [ind] code, with or without the parameter of zero, will not turn off the
run over effect while the [ptys] code is in use.

You have to use the [ptye] code to turn off the run over effect cause by the
[ptys] code.

The [ind0] code, will only return the indent margin to zero, if you had
previously used the [ind] code with a value, greater than one.

Why do you think the designers of word processors use block commands in
pairs, for example, turning on and off attributes to enhance how text is to
be displayed, e.g. centering text for headings; hanging indented paragraphs;
bolding, italicizing and underlining text, they all have beginning and
ending codes, to turn them on and off, as desired.

DBT is not an exception to this fundamental concept.

All the styles that come with DBT and ones that are created by users, must
have the appropriate beginning and ending codes, if the styles are to
produce the desired effects on documents, when they are used.

Sincerely:

Dave Durber