[duxuser] Re: Margin Bell in DBT?

  • From: Betsy Whitney <brailleit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 10:41:36 -1000

If you go to your Global Menu, then View Preferences, the very first item is where you set the position of the bell.

HTH, Betsy
At 09:48 AM 2/5/2010, you wrote:
Hello all,

I need to complete a job which requires me to enter a certain amount of braille in a code not supported by DBT. The ideal way to do it would be to enter braille manually, as if on a regular Perkins brailler. The maximum allowed line length for this job is 32 characters. So, here is what I would like to do:

1. Set a margin bell at character 26.

2. Make sure that, even if I accidentally type past character 32, the program won't wrap and won't let me type any more characters.

3. I would also like to be able to enter hard carriage returns, without the program interpreting them as paragraph breaks.

So, basically, for this odd job, I would like the computer to behave as a simple brailler. Is it possible to set up DBT to meet all or at least some of these requirements? If not, then I'd need to find another approach to completing the task. What would you do if you needed the ability to enter braille text in a completely controlled environment?

Thank you for any suggestions you may have!

Oleg