[duxuser] Re: Release of DBT Win 10.5

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 15:10:29 +0100

Hi Daveed,

The Word Braille Template for BANA layout is very
comprehensive, and is documented in Help.

Why don't you install 10.5 as a demo version, and then you
can judge for yourself?

George Bell.

Mandell
> Sent: 03 September 2004 14:52
> To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxuser] Re: Release of DBT Win 10.5
>
> I see from Joe's message that there are a number of
additions
> re file mapping and templates to make formatting a bit
> easier.  For instance, I have to emboss quite a number of
> voice-over scripts for narration and commericals.  I'm
> wondering how I can do this in the correct format--with
> hanging indents, for instance, rather than with
conventional
> paragraph indents.  With 10.4, which I tried using last
week,
> I took a script written with Word, translated it and
embossed
> it, and it came out in book format, rather than play
format.
> Does the new Help cover all these formatting assists in
detail?

> Thanks.
> --Daveed--
>

> On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, George Bell wrote:
>
> > Hi Daveed,
> >
> > At this point in time, I'm afraid the answer is, "Not
yet".
> > It's simply been a matter of lack of time.  However, I
am hoping it
> > will be possible to begin by producing accessible Word
files.
> > Completion of Help is almost the very last thing that
gets
> done, as it
> > invariably has to be completed when the programmers have
frozen the
> > code.
> >
> > Bear in mind that provided you have an embosser
connected,
> you can now
> > emboss an individual Topic from Help.  Not ideal, but
> hopefully a step
> > in the right direction.
> >
> > George Bell.
> >

> >> Is it possible to obtain a new braille manual for this
new
> > version?
> >> Thanks.
> >> This is especially necessary for those of us only now
starting out
> >> with DBT for Windows.  Thanks.
> >> --Glad to know some attempt has been made to make DBT
more

> >> intuitive, especially in the area of formatting.
> >> --Daveed--
> >

> > This Message has been scanned for viruses by McAfee
Groupshield.
> > * * *
> > * This message is via list duxuser at freelists.org.
> > * To unsubscribe, send a blank message with
> > *   unsubscribe
> > * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You
may also
> > * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and
other
http://www.duxburysystems.com
> > * * *

> * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You
may also
> * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other
subscription
> * options by visiting //www.freelists.org.  The list
archive