[duxuser] Re: Re. File merging programs

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 11:17:05 -0000

Hi Dave,

To do this efficiently, you really need a program like
"RoboHelp", which is what I use to compile DBT's Help files.

This allows me to decompile a .chm and retain the Table of
Contents and general layout.

I can then use RoboHelp's Printed Documentation feature to
produce a Word file, or groups of files, depending on what I
want.

I'm sure there may be merge programs which will do what you
want, but I suspect they will be rather cumbersome to use.

George.

Durber
> Sent: 28 February 2005 21:25
> To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [duxuser] Re. File merging programs
>
> Hello listers:
>
> Although my question below is not directly related to DBT,
it
> is connected indirectly.
>
> I de-compiled a .chm file to 278 individual files with the

> extension .htm.  I had to do this because DBT would not,
> could not, import this type of file because DBT has not
been
> programmed to import such files.
>
> Now for the question.  Does anybody on this list know of a

> file merge program that will take all 278 individual .htm
> files and merge them into 1 .htm file, which I can then
> import into DBT.
>
> Obviously, I would prefer that the program conform to
Windows
> standard for menus, dialog boxes, list boxes, etc,
hopefully
> making such a program more likely to be usable by someone
who
> uses a program such as a screen reader.
>
> Sincerely:
>
> Dave Durber
>

> --
> * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You
may also
> * subscribe, unsubscribe, and set vacation mode and other
subscription
> * options by visiting //www.freelists.org.  The list
archive
http://www.duxburysystems.com