[duxuser] Problems with Juliet Under Win XP

  • From: Patrick Burke <burke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:53:43 -0700

Hello everyone,

One of my colleagues just got a new workstation running Win XP. He moved his previously-working-great Juliet over to the new system & started having problems.

Sometimes he is able to get readable text from the Juliet, but usually it is garbled. He also gets multiple form feeds at the end of a document.

This is using the Generic Text printer to send to the Juliet. He tried a variety of page & line settings, but without effect.

Tech support from Enabling agrees that it's probably a parallel port problem. Apparently there is no SPP option in the BIOS for the parallel port (just EPP, ECP, AT & Off).

Apparently Enabling say that it's a problem with some XP machines (I didn't talk to them directly). I haven't heard about this kind of OS-wide trouble before. Has anyone else run into embosser craziness in XP? Any difference between Enabling machines & the Index ones?

Thanks for any ideas,

Patrick