[duxuser] Nemeth styles

  • From: "Jean Menzies" <jemenzies@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 19:17:09 -0600

Can someone please help get me started using the Nemeth styles? I've
experimented a bit with the Word Nemeth styles and the styles directly in
the English Bana Nemeth template but things aren't working quite as I
expect.

For example: I've started by selecting Technical Notation, but then my page
numbers are of course Nemeth, not literary. In the Word template, what is
the difference between Nemeth context and Technical Notation?

I can't get my exercise numbers to come out right. Example, 1. comes out as
the number sign, lowercase 1, then the decimal dots 4-6. What I want is the
punctuation indicater, then a normal period. Or I want a page heading like
in literary braille, without having each individual letter capitalized as if
it were a math expression. Are the other toolbars in the Word template
supposed to be used in conjunction with the Nemeth toolbar?

Even if someone does Nemeth from within DBT, please share what some of the
styles do. I know what I want, but I'm having trouble choosing the styles to
get the results.

So, bottom line is I need some descriptions of what some of the Nemeth
styles both in DBT itself and in the Word template are doing. I thought I
knew, but I haven't got it right yet. I can't find much in DBT help other
than referencing using Scientific Notebook, etc.

Jean