[duxuser] Re: Need your help

  • From: George Bell <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 13:30:47 +0000

Indeed just a bit off topic, but as it’s a favourite subject of mine, and I do
a great deal of printing when compiling DBT’s Help, I’ll chip in with my top
wishes.

First and foremost is that it has separate ink tanks for colours in addition to
a black cartridge.  This is quite important if you use one particular colour
more than another.

Second would be duplex, or what’s possibly better known as “double-sided”,
capability.  If you have large documents, this keep the volume, as well as
paper cost down.

Third, and probably not so important for you, is a network connection.  This
allows others to use it if needed.

An essential of us here is the ability to print on to printable CDs and DVDs.
We need this, but if it’s available on a printer, it virtually guarantees that
photographs will be good quality also.

Aside from all that, stay with the major manufacturers.

George.