[duxuser] Re: Is there a Tiger embosser discussion group, and a Tiger Embosser Problem

  • From: Anne Ronco <anne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 14:18:26 -0400

If you click the Support link on the front page of the ViewPlus web site ( http://www.viewplus.com/ ), you will find a link under "Other Support" to an embosser support web form. The web form page also has a link to a Tiger user list.

Best regards,

Anne Ronco
email: Anne@xxxxxxxxxx

Duxbury Systems, Inc.
270 Littleton Road, #6; Westford, MA 01886-3523 USA
TEL: + 978-692-3000 FAX: + 978-692-7912
Email (general): info@xxxxxxxxxx
Web site: http://www.DuxburySystems.com
Duxbury Systems, the first name in software for Braille - since 1975.

At 01:19 PM 9/30/2008, you wrote:
Hi all, I'm hoping to track down info, if it exists, for subscribing to a Tiger embosser email listserv. The Viewplus web page wasn't very helpful in determining if a list is even out there.

Also, if there is anybody on this list who has knowledge of the Tiger Professional embossers, I'd love to hear your advice on the following problem: I suspect that a gear or some other mechanism has malfunctioned. I loaded the paper into the bottom feeder on the front of the embosser, and successfully embossed one document. I then pressed the load button, which is normally used to pull the paper back into the embosser and set it in the correct position for the next embossing job. When I pressed load, the paper was pulled further in than necessary, almost to the point where it came off the rollers. I then attempted to reposition the paper using the tare button and the manual side roller, but the paper would not move. I removed the paper, and when I again twisted the manual roller, I could feel that the squarish metal bar did not revolve when the roller was turned. This sounds like a mechanical issue, and I want to know whether it is possible to fix this problem remotely.

Thanks,
Scott