[duxuser] Re: IDENTIFYING HEADINGS

  • From: "Caryn Navy" <caryn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 16:39:50 -0400

Hello Janet.  What version of JAWS are you using?  DBT 10.5 installs the
JAWS script files for DBT if your JAWS version is below version 6.0.
However, if you are using JAWS 6.0 or higher, the JAWS script files need to
go in a folder that the currently shipping DBT does knot know about.

If you are not using JAWS version 6.0 or higher, then you can ignore the
rest of this message.  But if your  JAWS version is 6.0 or higher, then I
recommend that you copy the script files for DBT into the proper folder
manually.  Here is one way to do this:

-- Open the folder for your Duxbury 10.5 software (using My computer for
example).  In that list press Enter on the item called JAWS.  That opens the
JAWS subfolder.

-- Press Control+A to Select all.  Then press Control+C to Copy the selected
files into the Windows clipboard.

-- Now close the open folders.

-- From Start menu - Programs, go to the
JAWS menu for the version of JAWS that you normally use.  Select Explore
JAWS and then Explore my settings.  This opens the folder for your JAWS
settings.  Press Control+V to paste in the Windows clipboard.

(Note: If you have administrative privileges, you could choose "Explore
shared settings" instead of "Explore my settings.")

Then close the JAWS settings folder.

-- Now launch DBT.  Press Insert+F2 S <Enter> to open the JAWS script
manager.  If the copying went as expected, the top line says,

; JAWS script file for DBT for Windows

If so, press Control+S to do the necessary compiling and then Alt+F4 to
close the Script manager.

Sincerely,
Caryn