[duxuser] Re: Create a New Template - was Centering paragraphs

  • From: Jalnan@xxxxxxx
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:56:33 EDT

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this list and totally new to the whole Duxbury program.  I need
some help.  I'm currently tutoring a student in braille.  She has essentially
mastered grade 1 braille and needs practice with it.  There are hardly any
books in grade 1 braille and hardly ones that my student likes to read.  I
found an e-book of Nancy Drew that she likes, but it is in already formated
grade 2 braille (web-braille, .brf file).  I don't have an embosser at home
so I have to use the school's one and they have Duxbury.  So far I have
managed (without instructions) to get the grade 2 braille document to show up
on the screen in simulated grade 2 dots and to emboss it.  However, I can't
figure out how to get the document converted to grade 1 braille though.  I
was told to change it to print and then to grade 1 but Duxbury only tells me
"do you want to discard what you have and change style" or some such message.
 So, how can I get this document to grade 1 braille?  Thanks.

Jamie