[duxhelp] crash; highlight color

  • From: Melissa Hirshson <lissa@xxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 13:01:16 -0500

Hi,

I was doing some 6-key editing in a simple dxb file (some music braille directly pasted in from a generated Goodfeel file) when it crashed for no discernable reason. What puzzled me was that the Duxbury program remained on the task bar, but the rest of the program was completely frozen; and, when I went to the task manager to force a quit (Windows 2000), it did not show up. The only way I could force quit was to restart the computer. Peter, I can send you the file if that would help. I don't see why it crashed, as it is a very short, ordinary braille document, except that I hadn't saved in a while. :)

Second: I know this is nit-picky, but I noticed that when I hold down the shift key to highlight text, the highlight color (black in my case) does not show up when moving over a tab. I know it's not a life-or-death issue, but it did seem odd to me that I was holding down the shift key and I could not tell whether my text was highlighted (highlit?) until I moved the cursor (with the arrow keys) over an actual letter.

Lissa