[duxhelp] Re: Update for Braille.dot file?

  • From: Susan <chrn3292@xxxxxxx>
  • To: duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:44:07 -0600

Kevin,

Yes, I am the one who works with the templates. I went back and double
checked the original templates in the 10.5 shipping version, and I
haven't changed these particular styles in either Word or DBT. I
continue to update the templates, and hopefully I'll have new ones ready
within a week.

Please contact me off-list, and we can try to work through what your
problem may be, and if necessary, I can make the appropriate changes in
the templates so they will be available for SR2.

Susan

Loeffler, Kevin J. wrote on 3/30/2005, 11:58 AM:

Susan,

I am told that you are the one to speak with about updating the
Braille.dot template. While troubleshooting a macro we frequently use in
MS Word, I came to the conclusion that the Braille.dot file is no longer
current and needs to be updated.

It is my understanding that Duxbury has changed the ExactTrans style to
ExactTranslation (presumably following installation of SR1, which is
probably about the time that our macro began to fail). However, the
style available via the current Braille.dot file is apparently still
ExactTrans.

Would it be possible to have the Braille.dot file updated to reflect
this change in style notation? We rely heavily on several macros to help
us format MS Word files for import into Duxbury. This change in the
style name recognized by Duxbury now forces us to spend a good deal of
extra time editing the file. Please let me know if this is something
that is feasible and if you foresee any sort of timetable.

I believe that the latest version of the Braille.dot file that I have
access to is dated 1/19/2005.

Thanks.

Kevin--

Kevin J. Loeffler System Administrator TAEVIS Purdue University
Young Hall, Room 850
302 Wood Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2108
Office phone: (765) 496-2856