[duxhelp] Server install

  • From: "Michael Surato" <suratomi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:17:57 -0400

Hi,

This may be a somewhat obscure question, but I will ask it anyway. What
is the minimum install on the license server box that will actually
work?

On our system, we have the license server installed on a station that is
never used for Braille production. From what I can tell, this system
only needs to have the slsService installed to distribute licenses. The
main executable will also be required to register the system and get the
licenses to distribute. Is there any other item that needs to be
installed in this situation? Once the license has been retrieved, would
it be possible to remove the main executable without affecting the
operation of the license server? If I did such a change, would this be a
supported configuration?

Thank you very much!

|            Michael Surato                 |
|      Resource Center for Persons          |
|           with Disabilities               |
|      Michigan State University            |
|            120 Bessey Hall                |
|        East Lansing, MI 48824             |
| Voice: (517) 353-9643 Fax: (517) 432-3191 |