[duxhelp] Re: Server install

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:31:53 -0400

Michael,

We won't be supporting anything but full installations of DBT running as an
shared activation server, because we haven't tested -- and don't plan to
test -- pared down configurations.

However, all you should really need are:

1. The activation file (the whole Activation directory, including
features.ini).
2. slsService.exe and slsService.ini.
3. slsServer.exe.
4. slsLocal.dll

If your "server" is Windows 98 (not recommended) then you don't need
slsService.exe and slsService.ini either.  These don't work in Windows 98
anyhow.  But you need to find a way to get slsServer.exe running on startup.
Look in slsService.ini for an idea of an appropriate command line, then you
might add and appropriate entry for slsServer.exe to the key: