[duxhelp] DBT 10.6 Beta 7 has been posted

  • From: "Peter Sullivan" <peter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxhelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 20:52:19 -0400

Beta Testers,

Beta 7 has just been posted.  The new beta is, we believe, stable enough for
production work, though two known instabilities still exist.

One is a corruption of files that has been reported by one of our beta
testers.  We have not yet observed this behavior ourselves.  If any of you
observes a code being split in half during your editing, please do this:

1. Save *a copy* of the document for us to look at.
2. Try using Edit, Undo to see if you can recover from the damage.
3. If the damage does go away, please save the document again and send it to
us (if it is something you can share), with whatever you can recollect about
the step you took that led to corruption of the document.
4. If the damage remains, exit DBT (without saving the document) and re-open
the document from the last-saved version.  In this case, please also send us
the document copy that you saved in step 1.

The other stability issue is that .brf files saved from freshly-translated
documents can be corrupted.  The corruption should generally show up on the
first line.  Any editing of the first page -- even if you immediately undo
the editing -- should allow you to avoid this problem.  This problem has
also already been fixed for beta 8.

You should also be aware that, effective with DBT 10.6 beta 7, we've
incremented the version number of DBT files.  This is necessary to avoid
hiding some backward-compatibility issues with DBT 10.5.  We no longer
recommend using DBT 10.6 in tandem with DBT 10.5.  However, instructions are
provided on the beta site home page, if you really need to bring a document
back into DBT 10.5.

We do expect at least one more beta before we can produce a release
candidate.  Beyond the first stability issue mentioned above, our other
major priority will be to further customize templates, or assist you in
doing so.  Template customizations will need to be completed within two
weeks, and we want to be sure that all technical issues preventing
completion of template customizations are fixed by the end of the day on
Monday, May 1.

The beta 7 build is available at
http://partners.duxburysystems.com/beta.asp?product=dbt

Thanks again for all of your help.