[drivingpairs] Re: what do you do?

  • From: Carpediemfarm@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:59:02 EST

Winter driving:
Luckily I live in So. Calif. so we are able to work our horses year 'round-
baring torrential rains and flash floods (1"+ - hey! this is calif.!).  We here
in CA. are 'weather wimps', if the temps are in the 50's, it might as well be
Alaska!  OK, so I drive and ride my equines all the time.

Pair horse not driving single:
I have a pair of 13hh ponies.  I have 1 pony that couldn't care less about
being separated, but the other one doesn't like it at all.  I can drive her on
the property, but have a difficult time going off the property.  I was able to
'bite the bullet' and try to take her away at a show and drive her single.  We
survived.  She wasn't happy, but she survived, and I'll try it again.
Happy trails,

Trish Demers
Carpe Diem Farm
Hackneys & Sport Horses, training & lessons - driving, riding, sidesaddle,
horsemanship
Lancaster, CA           carpediemfarm@xxxxxxx
Try hard, win humbly, lose gracefully, protest with dignity