[drivingpairs] Re: tandem minis

  • From: EStuard503@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 22:51:03 EDT

For this last Christmas, Ernie (my husband) and I gave Barb the Paul
Doliveaux book on driving tandem, so we're all anxious to try it out (yes,
she let me read it!).  We both figured that Barb's minis would be the best
place to start.  After all, even if they bolt (God forbid), it shouldn't be
that difficult to keep them lined out while we're in the arena. And I really
am too much of a coward to start a full-sized horse tandem team until one of
us has enough experience that we're not totally dangerous.

I do have a question for the list, though. Did any of you start "working"
tandem reins on a rein board, or did you just go straight to the "horses'
mouths" doing ground driving?  I think I've figured out a way to do a rein
board, but it will take a little time and I don't want to go through the mess
and misery if it really isn't going to help us any.  Thanks in advance for
all helpful input!

Jean Stuard
Stuard Arabians (and one Morgan gelding)