[drivingpairs] Re: harness wanted

  • From: "Black Dog Hill" <koenenb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 08:40:06 -0700

If anyone wants to sell a GOOD used, draft sized, nylon work harness please
contact me privately at koenenb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

.....and to stay on topic.....I just bought a new Belgium molly.  Beulah is
16HH, dark bay.  She's dead broke for riding, packing and driving in team.
She's green but leaning toward well broke for driving single.  I'm planning
to log with her single all this winter, then hook up my green Perch x colt
with her next spring and do some farm work with the team.  Daniel is already
her height and will be about 6 to 8 inches taller than Beulah when he's done
growing.....not a pretty, matched team but if they work well together I'll
be happy.  I broke down and joined the local Draft Association (with lots of
reservations because they had the nasty instructor brought in for a training
clinic.....the guy who kicked the crap out of his horses for not standing
still AND no one seemed offended by this guy!).....I'm hoping there will be
some *nice* people who could hook Daniel into a team for a little training
but if anyone even threatens to kick him I'm out!!!

They are planning sleigh rides at the local Christmas craft sale in mid/late
November.  It's all at night with Christmas lights on and very pretty,
especially if it's snowing.  There's the usual assortment of big drafts but
one driver brings a team of Fiords.  I'll try to get some pictures.

There's a local *tack shop* (guy selling stuff out of his garage) with some
sleighs for sale and I'm going to ask him if he'll sponsor me (ie: loan me a
sleigh) so I can take Beulah and show her off.  I think I need to convince
one of the other drivers to take her in a team first to get her used to the
situation and then I could take her single after that.

Cindy
...who knows that Hardy will be happy that this green driver finally has a
NON-green animal to drive!! ;-)    .....although my colt is coming along
beautifully and I think he'll hook up fine the first time he goes to the
pole!!