[drivingpairs] bits

  • From: "Helen @ DP" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 12:32:57 -0600

<Kimberwick Uxeter and thinks I can probably drive in it as well.  If anyone
has a better suggestion I'd be happy to hear it.>

Cindy,

I'm not a bit expert, but if your molly is still learning the commands,
wouldn't change the bit, just yet.   It's not the bit which will make her
"whoa" any faster.    Not every animal is the same, so I don't believe in
general rules applying to all animals.

It sounds to me like you and the molly still haven't gotten to know each
other.  Afterall, you just bought her.   It takes a while for an animal to
understand you well enough to know what you're asking.    Don't expect
miracles so fast.   There is no quick fix and no shortcuts.

Take your time with your molly and give her the opportunity to know you
better.    Unless this molly is turn-key trained already, which apparently
she's not, she'll need some time with you on the ground.    Then,
maybe....you can get on her  back or in the long lines and round pen if you
have one and start schooling her.  Calm, slow and patient ground work, works
wonders.    Hope this helps.   Anyone else?

Helen