[drivingpairs] Quick Release Question

  • From: Hzlax@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:06:34 EST

In a message dated 11/29/2005 11:04:21 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I will make sure I put the pin to the inside as Hardy suggested.  Just
> envisioning how I fasten them, I probably do the exact opposite, pins to the
> outside like I do the releases on the breeching.

That's why I mentioned it, because most people will automatically put the
pins to the outside, thinking that one would also want to pull to the outside.
learned my lesson the hard way when I had a trace come undone in a hazard when
rubbing a post pulling open the quick release many years ago. Since then,
it's pins to the inside, and one can really pull them open to the inside just
as
well when needed.
Hardy