[drivingpairs] Gloating Is Not Nice, But....

  • From: kathy robertson <goodhors@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 16:42:19 -0800 (PST)

We also had a very nice driving weekend.  Weather is
brisk, but was clear, so the horses got worked both
days.  Last week it started raining EVERY day when my
husband was due home.  I had horses cleaned up, the
first three days, but didn't even try the two.

Horses are blowing their coats with the regular works
both weekends and previously.   Nothing takes hair off
like daily work and sweating the horses.  We have
extended our mileage a little.  Did some ring work
today, so a light vehicle in wet sand, and leather
reins, because of the wind.  Dress in WARM clothes, or
the wind just cuts thru the cloth.

The four are smoothing out and getting back into the
rhythym again.   Just itchy with sweaty hair.  Rub,
rub RUB!  Not sure when the weather will go back to
the 60's of last week.  It sure was nice!  25F now and
going down.

Kathy Robertson