[drivingpairs] Re: Entering Pairdom

  • From: "AConnors" <aconnors@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:11:02 -0500

And I am going to be listening (reading?) intently as I am starting to drive
(made) pairs, too.  Though I have driven my pairs, I have only had two pairs
lessons so far, but many singles lessons. I am trying to decide if I want to
drive pairs on a regular basis, or stick to singles. Logistically, it seems
harder 'cause there is hardly ever anyone around to help. But my girls are
going to turn into pasture potatoes if I don't get out there and put some
miles in!
I hope to pick up some tips here.
Anne in CT

Hi, I'm Beverly Means, some of you may 'know' me from the CD-L list and from
time to time, the RED list.
I've recently purchased a made pair of Shetlands, full sisters, 6 and 8
years old, red and white pintos.

They are coming from Florida, leaving there the 14th, expected in here in
California's central valley (Lemoore, Ca.) about the 18th, "God Willin' and
the Creek Don't Rise"

Though I've been passionate about horses my whole life and have driven the
last 10 years I have never driven, nor even harnessed, a pair

The owner is bringing them to me and will tutor me in harnessing them but I
expect it would be too much to ask them to drive much after an arduous four
day trip.

I do have some experienced friends and have them lined up to help so the
pony dears don't have to suffer my ignorance in the beginning.

From this list I hope to learn the answers to questions I didn't even know
to ask..<grin>

Thank you in advance for all the help I expect to receive from the list

Beverly Means, Pony Keeper
Precious Purple Pony Pharm
California's Central Valley