[drivingpairs] Re: Boycotting?--No

  • From: Tntarab@xxxxxxx
  • To: drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2003 15:39:48 EDT

In a message dated 7/27/2003 1:33:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
goodhors@xxxxxxxxx writes:
> I would strongly object to any calls for boycotting
> shows, activities, because someone we may or may not
> agree with, is involved.  Then it turns into a
> vendetta.

I agree....please remember.....who the majority of people going to the CDE's
are.....they are not Advanced ....the majority that I have seen have been in
Training and Prelim.  All these people have dreams as well....they might just
to participate....to do the best in their minds...and others want to go to
Advanced.  Our Advanced drivers started somewhere.  Sometimes I have gotten the
impression that some people in the Advanced have forgotten their roots and
neglect to remember that it costs the lower ranked people the same amount to
compete.  (Yes I do realize it costs more to compete a pair and a team, to have
more
equipment and grooms but the entries are the same.  At times it seems that
they feel the event is for them alone and they should be catered to....I have
run into a lot of rudeness on the part of some Advanced drivers.  This is not
say that ALL advanced drivers are rude...in fact the rude ones are in the
minority, but they sure make enough noise to be in the majority.

Toni