[drivingpairs] Beautiful spring!

  • From: Peter Eldred <preldred@xxxxxxx>
  • To: drivingpairs <drivingpairs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 21:23:45 -0800

Yes I'll join in with all those "What wonderful weather!" exclamations out
there. We really had no winter at all except that 8 days ago it snowed (at
least 6") and then in turned to a week of rain. So today the sun was out and
the ground was dry enough to at least do some lunging. One half of my future
pair got his first bit of a workout since being gelded almost 2 weeks ago,
and I believe he has come down a notch or two (or he's still a bit sore).
Time will tell. Then I lunged 'the other half' and he seemed to thoroughly
enjoy the activity too. I can see we'll have to start conditioning all over
again though, and those major winter coats sure don't help. Time to get out
the clippers. Still waiting for all my pair harness parts to arrive, so we'd
better get busy with the groundwork in the meantime. I recently got two
books I highly recommend for reading in lousy weather. Hardy recommended Max
Pape's 'The Art of Driving' which is a virtual encyclopedia of driving, and
I found The Duke of Edinburgh's 'Competition Carriage Driving' on sale, can
you believe it? It's very entertaining and although it's geared to team
driving, it's excellent reading for any driver. My other favourite is
'Driving a Tandem' by Paul Doliveux. If you ever want to try tandem, get
this book. Get out and enjoy the sunshine!
Rachel
(even picking poop isn't bad when the weather's this nice)