[dps-chat] Re: and meeting the intriguing connections

  • From: margmansfield <margmansfield@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dps-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2016 07:30:03 +0800

Yes Rob,

Sat in the bathing box in April and on one trip we stayed in his 'mock' colonial home, built with the Rubrics proceeds, where there are photos of our great-grandfather's cousin Ann Kidd and her children. In 1839 she waded ashore at the cataract in the Yarra when the 'Indus' hove too. She and her sister Margaret couldn't wait for the lighter. Margaret's descendants have the girls' boxes and their father John's saddlery tool box.

Met Margaret's family at Scot's Church to view the organ casing built by her husband and to look at the pew accounts. Yes, Presbyterians paid for their pews.

All good fun.

Marg.