[dps-chat] Re: Rob's an Ancestry DNA update

  • From: "Rob Nelson, Perth WA" <perthdps@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dps-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2016 16:45:36 +0800

Thanks for your most welcome suggestions, Darryl ...

It was only after helpful bods like you wrote about the DNA testing that I took the plunge.

It seems only apt that we round out the year with one of the initial topics on this new-look list.

I reckon a blog-type summary would be a great idea and I appreciate the inclusion of screen grabs in your last message.

Now all I have to do is get off my but and put it into action <g>.

Cheers and thanks, ROB!!

On 21/12/2016 4:17 PM, Darryl Brady wrote:

Rob I also find a lot of people are not active or only look at the DNA from time to time … so

This may be something that others have overlooked but one of the best things you can do with your AncestryDNA is to contact your highest matches and ask them for access to the matches from their test..

Makes working out the possible connection so much easier.

If anyone is wanting more info please ask and I will endeavour to help.

Maybe I could do a blog at the end of the questions to answer all in one place..