[dps-chat] Re: Growing up in even harder times (Part 6)

  • From: "Rob Nelson, Perth WA" <perthdps@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dps-chat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2017 20:40:27 +0800

G'day CARL ...

I'm glad dad's memories are not falling on deaf ears ... I've circulated his audio files amongst the immediate family and even provided transcripts to assist the listening process, but the interest doesn't seem to be there ... maybe their too busy, have heard it all before, or are more interested in living in the present :-(

I'm aware that I'm sitting on some solid gold social family history and am arranging a treatment in my mind as we go. I feel I've been even more blessed with the wealth of images that have come to the surface ... it's just taken time and imagination to work out how they can be used to the best effect.

Speaking of images, your attachments from your previous post were some real gems ... it's amazing what's turning up these days and its been great that this new list has allowed us to illustrate our posts.

As a reward, I'll add a totally unrelated image that really intrigued me today ... an old-time bottle-oh in Melbourne!

Cheers, Rob!

On 21/03/2017 7:15 PM, Carline Humfrey wrote:

Am loving your old stories. When are you releasing the book?
Just been going thru some things in Dad's shed and came across this piece of
paper. Wonder what the comparison would be today! Unfortunately no date but
obviously before 66!