[dokuwiki] Re: users break layout with dokuwikifckg plugin

  • From: Chantal Rosmuller <chantal@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 09:09:19 +0200

On Saturday 08 August 2009 14:14:55 Myron Turner wrote:
> Don Bowman wrote:
> > On Sat, 08 Aug 2009 06:57:27 +0100, Chantal Rosmuller
> >
> > <chantal@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Starting from one point in the text everything is suddenly
> >> in italic and the wiki layout is broken. For example a header is shown
> >> as =====header====.
> >
> > I have had exactly the same problem.
> >
> > In my case I was including some text that contains C++ code with
> > comments.  C++ comments start with // and so does DokuWiki italics.
> >
> > Because the code was not indented properly it was treated as ordinary
> > text.  Similarly as the italics are not closed, everything following is
> > gathered up as part of the italic text.  This includes any headers in
> > the text.  It even extends to the sidebar as it is constructed after the
> > main text.
> >
> > Look for something like this and you will have found the problem.
>
> If you still have the problem text around, please send it to me.  These
> kinds of problems are fixable.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Myron

Hi Myron,

I will send you the text offlist. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the steps
the
user took. The people who use my wiki page are not very experienced, it is
hard for them to work with a wiki, explaining what they did exactly is really
too much too ask from them :). Like I said I need the system to be foolproof.
But I'm sure you can fix it you already helped me before with other problems.

Regards