[dokuwiki] Re: useheading question

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 18:42:53 +0100

Jason Keltz wrote:

I'm not really worried about DokuWiki generating the metadata the first time around for each of the sites because this won't happen too frequently, but it looks like there is a bug where it isn't generating it the "first time". If I was to copy the meta-data, but I want the files that I copy to be the "first" revision, and no revision tracking before that, would I copy just the files.meta from the meta directory? How about the file.indexed? and the various files like _htcookiesalt, and _dummy, _dokuwiki.changes, _comments.changes, etc.?

There is a bug, the breadcrumbs function hasn't been updated to match the changes that went with the move from instructions to metadata. I'll send a patch to Andi later. Meantime, if you're brave, you can update your own installation by making the following change to the breadcrumbs() function in inc/common.php

I have made the change against the latest dev version, which means the line numbers below may not match those in your release.

inc/common.php
line #247

-    $title = p_get_first_heading($ID);
+    $title = p_get_first_heading($ID,true);

(the true tells p_get_first_heading to generate fresh metadata if none is found).

- Chris