[dokuwiki] Re: useheading question

  • From: Jason Keltz <jas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 09:28:46 -0400

On 08/20/07 09:11, Chris Smith wrote:
Jason Keltz wrote:

Hi Chris,

I realized what the issue is... In my case, I'm starting a web site off with pre-loaded data in the pages directory. When I visit an internal page, the metadata for the other pages has not yet been rendered, so the breadcrumb bar doesn't show it. I still consider this a bug because I figure that the system should just get the metadata for all the headers between the start and the page that I'm on if the functioin requires it, but it isn't a huge big deal I guess....

You are right it should. As I mentioned before, that was the intent of the much earlier bug fix. I believe the problem is pretty much the same as before, one or more calls to the get_first_heading() function which haven't been updated to make the correct use of the new parameter. If you could make the change I mentioned in my previous message -

in /inc/parserutils.php
@574
- function p_get_first_heading($id, $render=false){
+ function p_get_first_heading($id, $render=true){

and let me know if that fixes the problem. You seem to have a pretty specific set of conditions with which to highlight the problem. So why I can theorise that this will cure the problem once and for all, it would be very helpful if you could make the change and test it. If it does sort things out, I'll forward a patch to Andi.

Hi Dr. Chris,

Your medicine has indeed cured the problem! :)

Jason.