[dokuwiki] Re: status of farms?

  • From: Anika Henke <anika@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 23:47:03 +0000

Michael Klier wrote:
On Sat, Nov 07, 2009 at 05:27:04PM +0000, Anika Henke wrote:
Does anyone know why tips:farm2 states that the farmer should always be a *clean* install (no data, no conf)?

as one of the original authors of this tip, I have to say that after looking
at it now I have to admit that I don't have the slightest idea why that should
a requirement :-). I can only guess that it's because the bash script, which
is introduced later on the page, uses the a clean unmodified config/data
directory as template for the animals

Thanks for clarifying that. :)

I came across one example when it could cause a little bit of mischief:
If you have subdirectories together with userewrite!

wikifarmer.org/subdir/ or anotherfarm.net/subdir/
would cause trouble with
wikifarmer.org/subdir:foo or even wikifarmer.org/subdir
(Although, it could also be my lack of RewriteRule skills.)
But it never causes trouble in the animals, only in the farmer.

If it's okay with you, I'd like to overhaul tips:farm2 as some pieces of information there seems to be old or inaccurate.

Regarding the animal creating bash script: Wouldn't a simple 'touch' (of the not-yet-existing data directories) suffice? (Instead of copying the empty directories.)

Thanks,
Anika