[dokuwiki] Re: problems with dokuwiki on webfaction

  • From: Jan Decaluwe <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2008 09:26:50 +0200

Andreas Gohr wrote:
Am 05.08.2008 um 23:18 schrieb Jan Decaluwe <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

In the past days I'm experiencing problems with my dokuwiki's,
which are hosted by webfaction.

Webfaction changed its php configuration. The default is that
urls for media files like .pdf, .gz, .png etc are no longer
served through php, but directly as static files. As a result,
dokuwiki scripts like fetch.php, detail.php, etc don't work
anymore for such files - you get File Not Found errors.

I'm not sure i understand what your hoster did in the past and what it is doing now.

In the recent past things worked just as expected.

According to webfaction, the new php setup fixes a security issue:
    http://statusblog.webfaction.com/new-php-setup

But at the same time, they changed the way non-php files are served;
those files go their main apache server that doesn't do php, to serve
them "as quickly as possible".

> But messing around with how basic webserving works
suggests you should look for a better host.

I'm not amused either :-) as I'm now getting complaints
all the time.

I have recently completed migration from my previous host
(yahoo, don't laugh). I needed more flexibility and I had
heard mainly good things about webfaction.

Anyway, I can't imagine that I'm the only dokuwiki user
on webfaction, so people please be warned.

(BTW, the new setup also changes file ownership policy;
on running wiki's this may result in scary error messages.
I had to remove the cache manually to solve this.)

Webfaction tells me that I have use to rewrite rules to
work around this

<IfModule !php5_module>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} \.(html|pdf|gz|png|jpg|mp3)$
RewriteRule (.*) http://127.0.0.1:2480/$1 [P]
</IfModule>

 resizing seems to break the
rewriting workaround. Perhaps there is someone who
immediately understands why?

Resized imageurls may not end in gif, png or jpg anymore. You could try to replace the $s with [$&] but i really recommend to get a real webhost.

I'll try the first option first :-)

Thanks,

Jan

--
Jan Decaluwe - Resources bvba - http://www.jandecaluwe.com
    Using Python as a hardware description language: