[dokuwiki] problems with dokuwiki on webfaction

  • From: Jan Decaluwe <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 23:18:24 +0200

In the past days I'm experiencing problems with my dokuwiki's,
which are hosted by webfaction.

Webfaction changed its php configuration. The default is that
urls for media files like .pdf, .gz, .png etc are no longer
served through php, but directly as static files. As a result,
dokuwiki scripts like fetch.php, detail.php, etc don't work
anymore for such files - you get File Not Found errors.

So downloading doesn't work anymore, you don't see images
anymore etc.

Webfaction tells me that I have use to rewrite rules to
work around this - they have an example for html on their
support website. And indeed, with the following
.htaccess file, many of my problems are solved:

<IfModule !php5_module>
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} \.(html|pdf|gz|png|jpg|mp3)$
RewriteRule (.*) http://127.0.0.1:2480/$1 [P]
</IfModule>

Those who also use webfaction may find this useful.

However, I still have a problem. When I use resizing of
images in my dokuwiki source (with wiki syntax), the images
are still not displayed. However, when I construct the url
of the image file with fetch.php manually, I do see the
original image. So the resizing seems to break the
rewriting workaround. Perhaps there is someone who
immediately understands why?

Jan

--
Jan Decaluwe - Resources bvba - http://www.jandecaluwe.com
Kaboutermansstraat 97, B-3000 Leuven, Belgium