[dokuwiki] Re: plugin translations

  • From: Guy Brand <gb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 09:14:33 +0100

On 30 January at 22:56, Andreas Gohr wrote:

> Hi *!

  Hello

> I just updated http://wiki.splitbrain.org/langcheck.php to include the
> plugin translation folders. I also updated the german language files for
> the plugins which are now part of DokuWiki. Here are some questions:
>
> I think there may be some obsolete strings in the plugin manager
> lang.php file (the refresh related ones) - they should be removed to
> ease translator's work.

  I suppose langcheck.php is also checking for strings which should no
  longer be in the translated files, so if it tells us what has to be
  removed that'll be easy. vimdiff also helps a lot.

> Is translating the currently 89 config options really nessessary?
> Couldn't we just use the config name it self and link it to
> wiki:config#<config_option>?

  There is a bit work now on the config plugin strings, but this does
  not happen so often :-) I'm gonna sync the missing french strings,
  and I'm sure other langs will be synced too by other translators.
  Maybe we could have the linking on wiki:config#<config_option> for
  any language which will not be synced on a given date (one week
  before your next public release?).

  gb