[dokuwiki] Re: plugin example request

  • From: "Christian Walde" <mithaldu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 03:21:04 +0200

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006 02:11:06 +0200, Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Christian,

Have you read the plugin tutorial at splitbrain?

It includes two sample syntax plugins as well as an explanation of how
the syntax plugin system works.  There is also a page which explains how
the parser (which underlies the syntax system) works. If you find the
tutorial unclear or unhelpful, bring your feedback here so we have a
chance to improve it.

At present there is no way to do what you ask in the way that you have
asked.  The raw wiki page data isn't available to any plugin.  It could
be made available to an action plugin through the new event system,
however, the syntax system is a better way to process patterns in the
wiki page.  Dokuwiki used to have a parsing system made up of repreated
regex being applied to the whole wiki text.  Its wasn't a very efficient
way of doing things, the new parser is much faster and more flexible.

Also have you looked at the command plugin.  It provides a simple way of
adding substitutions into DokuWiki.  There are several other plugins
which are implemented as extensions of that plugin (you can find them
using backlinks from the command plugin page).

If none of the above helps - reply back here with what you are trying to
do and I'll try and provide any advice I can.

Cheers,

Chris

No, in fact i didn't even know the tutorial exists. :D

Lots of really useful information there and in your mail. Gonna spend tomorrow
reading. Meanwhile a suggestion: Split the linkage to the plugin descriptions
here: http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:plugins into two links like this:

* Syntax plugins ( Manual | Tutorial )

The link to the tutorial in the manual section is rather small and easily
overlooked, especially since that is not exactly a place where one would look.
I think it'd be better to make clear that both exists and let the ones seeking
guidance choose their poison. :)

--
Grüsse,
Christian Walde