[dokuwiki] Re: plugin example request

  • From: Chris Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 01:11:06 +0100

Christian,

Have you read the plugin tutorial at splitbrain?

It includes two sample syntax plugins as well as an explanation of how the syntax plugin system works. There is also a page which explains how the parser (which underlies the syntax system) works. If you find the tutorial unclear or unhelpful, bring your feedback here so we have a chance to improve it.

At present there is no way to do what you ask in the way that you have asked. The raw wiki page data isn't available to any plugin. It could be made available to an action plugin through the new event system, however, the syntax system is a better way to process patterns in the wiki page. Dokuwiki used to have a parsing system made up of repreated regex being applied to the whole wiki text. Its wasn't a very efficient way of doing things, the new parser is much faster and more flexible.

Also have you looked at the command plugin. It provides a simple way of adding substitutions into DokuWiki. There are several other plugins which are implemented as extensions of that plugin (you can find them using backlinks from the command plugin page).

If none of the above helps - reply back here with what you are trying to do and I'll try and provide any advice I can.

Cheers,

Chris