[dokuwiki] Re: plugin deletion

  • From: Michael Hamann <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki <dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 09:47:39 +0100

Hi,

Excerpts from Myron Turner's message of 2011-01-27 07:12:31 +0100:
> On 1/26/2011 9:22 PM, Myron Turner wrote:
> > On 1/26/2011 7:19 PM, Myron Turner wrote:
> >> A user of fckgLite reported that deleting fckgLite deleted his entire
> >> media directory. There are symbolic links to the media directory in an
> >> fckgLite subdirectory and the deletion function must de-reference these
> >> and then work on the directories themselves. I wonder if this could be
> >> changed?

Although I don't see why there need to be symbolic links in plugins I
think this should be changed.

> The attached patch seems to work.  The entire plugin is deleted,
> including the directories containing the symbolic links but the
> directories to which the links point are not touched.

There is probably a problem when plugins are installed in a different
directory and just linked into lib/plugins/ using symbolic links. But as
this is a special case that isn't supported by some plugins anyway and
deleting the symbolic link might also be what you want to do then anyway
I think this should be okay.

Michael