[dokuwiki] Re: plugin deletion

  • From: Myron Turner <turnermm02@xxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 07:19:23 -0600

On 1/27/2011 2:47 AM, Michael Hamann wrote:
Hi,

Excerpts from Myron Turner's message of 2011-01-27 07:12:31 +0100:
On 1/26/2011 9:22 PM, Myron Turner wrote:
On 1/26/2011 7:19 PM, Myron Turner wrote:
A user of fckgLite reported that deleting fckgLite deleted his entire
media directory. There are symbolic links to the media directory in an
fckgLite subdirectory and the deletion function must de-reference these
and then work on the directories themselves. I wonder if this could be
changed?

Although I don't see why there need to be symbolic links in plugins I
think this should be changed.

The attached patch seems to work.  The entire plugin is deleted,
including the directories containing the symbolic links but the
directories to which the links point are not touched.

There is probably a problem when plugins are installed in a different
directory and just linked into lib/plugins/ using symbolic links. But as
this is a special case that isn't supported by some plugins anyway and
deleting the symbolic link might also be what you want to do then anyway
I think this should be okay.

Michael
Not sure what the exact procedure is for requesting this kind of change. But I posted it to the bug tracker.

Thanks,

Myron