[dokuwiki] Re: feature request 40

  • From: Koen Huybrechts <huybkoen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 23:31:30 +0200

Chris Smith wrote:

koen huybrechts wrote:

QuickSyntax Popup

    * make a php-page which is smaller than a normal screen (let's say
      250 x 350)
    * put the basic dukuwiki-rules in it on a left column
    * in the right column the same wikirules but than parsed (i guess
      this is the right term, i mean where the wiki syntax has been
      replaced in real bold and italic)
    * no explaination, only a link to the full syntax (back in the
      previous window if possible?? or a new when using IE :-P )
    * and edit the link of 'syntax' so when you click on it, you first
      see the quick syntax

--
Koen Huybrechts
huybkoen@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:huybkoen@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

I know iframes are generally frowned upon, but ....

Could this be handled by a floating div (normally hidden) containing an iframe which loads the dokuwiki syntax page(1) in what amounts to a cut down template - just the "tpl_content()" nothing else. Much of the default design.css is based in ems(2), controlling the font-size will scale the page some. The advantage of doing something like this is much of what is required is already in existence and the syntax data can be supplied from cache.

(1) It would be necessary to disable any links - we're aren't actually using a separate browser window, clicking a link would mean a page replacing the page under edit, which is extremely undesirable.
(2) Might be worthwhile to change any of the existing px measurements in design.css into ems.

Perhaps if the whole lot was controlled by js - can js be used to load remote data onto a page? If so some js could manage links and the syntax page could be broken up into smaller chunks. But then that starts to get more complex again....

Chris

hi,

I can't follow anymore... think I'll choose something easier :-S

koko