[dokuwiki] Versioning Scheme (was: Another XSS Vulnerability)

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 23:39:51 +0200

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 14:25:14 +0200
Guy Brand <gb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>   So I suppose this release is now 2005-09-22d. Could we stop using
>   such a release scheme and rather go for x.y.z (major.minor.fix),
>   so that this fixed release would just appear as z+1.

The goods and bads of versioning schemes seem to be discussed for each
opensource project ;-)

A nice roundup is available at
http://www.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/06/08/136214

I picked the date based scheme because it's simple, it's sortable, it
makes clear how old an release is and I don't have to think about how
much a release changed from the last time and if I need to increase
major or minor numbers and when to skip some.

To make it short: I'm going to stick with this versioning scheme.