[dokuwiki] XMLRPC API

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 00:47:01 +0100

Hi *!

I just added experimental support for the Wiki RPC API v2. It's not
complete, yet. But I'd like to get some feedback.

I use the Incutio XML-RPC Library because the code looked much cleaner
than other popular choices. However I wonder if there are even better
choices (or maybe improvements on this lib). I already tweaked some
minor things in the lib (search for DokuWiki comments in the source or
do a diff against the original). But I already found two other
improved(?) versions. Harry, one is from you [3] the other one is at
[4].

For the API we won't need the client part but I think it should be
cleaned up to use the DokuHTTPClient anyway because some plugin might
want to use it.

Okay, questions are:

- Is a XMLRPC api useful at all?
- Should we support some popular Blogging interfaces as well?
- What can be said about the library choice?
- What else should we think of?
- Or should we ditch XMLRPC before we even start and look into ATOM?
- does anyone know of XMLRPC clients for the Wiki API?

[1] http://www.jspwiki.org/wiki/WikiRPCInterface2
[2] http://scripts.incutio.com/xmlrpc/
[3] http://sourceforge.net/projects/xmlrpccom/
[4] http://griffin.oobleyboo.com/projects/xmlrpc/