[dokuwiki] Re: Would allowing upper case image names cause big problems?

  • From: Chris G <cl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 18:22:01 +0100

On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 05:25:01PM +0100, Chris G wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 03, 2010 at 04:53:55PM +0200, Karsten Heymann wrote:
> >
> > There are tools that allow you to react on inode change
> > (inotify/incron). If these are available on your server, you would only
> > modify new files. This would make the load independent from the number
> > of files and allow near real-time reaction. I use these a lot.
> >
> Since it's my server, as in a computer here on site at home, it has
> inotify in its kernel.  I'll investigate, it may well be that this is
> a tidier/better approach for me.

However there's one very fundamental problem with using inotify/incron
to do this, it can only act on a file change in one directory, it
can't react to a change in any sub-directory in a given hierarchy.

Since I already have 628 sub-directories below my /home/chris/pictures
directory this makes inotify/incron almost useless for detecting
changes in that hierarchy.

inotifywatch has a recursive mode but it doesn't really do the rest of
the job.

--
Chris Green