[dokuwiki] Re: Would allowing upper case image names cause big problems?

On 3 Sep 2010, at 10:07, Chris G wrote:

> So, firstly *why* does Dokuwiki change everything to lower case and,
> secondly, are there any realy big issues with getting Dokuwiki to
> allow upper case media names?  All non-alphabetic characters can be
> handled as at present, I only need to allow A-Z to stay unchanged.

Dokuwiki insists on lower case names to ensure portability between
case-sensitive and case-insensitive file systems.

> I can see several workarounds (other than allowing Dokuwiki to 'see'
> uppper case names) many of which would be quite easy to implement but
> nearly all would add an extra layer/step into my sharing strategy and
> I want to keep things as simple as possible.

If you're using *nix.  Make a script to mirror your photo directory using links
(hard or symbolic), with the filenames converted to lowercase.  Link the
mirrored directory into DokuWiki's media space.

- Chris