[dokuwiki] Re: Typographic conversions and TOC [OPTION REMOVAL?]

  • From: Andreas Gohr <andi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 21:00:58 +0100

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005 16:22:36 +0100
Gesu` <petrax@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>     option about typographic convertions in my local.php
>     ($conf['typography']  = 0)  but nothing happened. Is it a bug? (I
>     could not find it in the bugtracker).

Yes. Looks like a bug :-( But I guess this bug is in since the new
parser was added and nobody complained since then. So I guess nobody
disables the typography anyway!?

Here is the question to everyone: Should we fix the bug or remove the
option for disabling it?

>     Anyway I wouldn't like to disable all the typographic conversions
>     but only these. Is it possible?

About your question: no it would not be possible to selectively disable
it

> 2 - How can I change the way that the table of contents is displayed?
>     Unfortunately I don't know php (I suppose that you had understood
>     it, already :-) ), I thought that I had to modify main.php, but I
>     can't find the option to change the TOC, so I suppose I must look
>     for it in another file. All that I want is to have it as a simple
>     list at the beginning of the page, nothing more...

The look is defined by the CSS style sheets.