[dokuwiki] Re: Tracking a weatherwax oddity

  • From: Christopher Smith <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 18:03:06 +0100
On 19 Jul 2013, at 14:56, Filippo Salustri <salustri@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please refer to the html below.
> It shows the html sent by weatherwax to my browser.
> The very last line is -->, which has no matching <!-- and so is rendered as
> text.
> Can anyone provide an idea of where/how this string is being generated so
> that I can try to fix it?
> Much obliged.
>
> /fas
> \V/_
> Prof. Filippo A. Salustri, Ph.D., P.Eng.
> Email: salustri@xxxxxxxxxx
> http://deseng.ryerson.ca/~fil/
>

> <!-- cachefile
> /usr/local/dokuwiki/data/cache/e/eebd364a861dd5ee6921e1566c2cb0d9.xhtml used
> -->
> <!--
>
> <h1 class="sectionedit1" id="collections">COLLECTIONS</h1>
> <snip>
> <!-- cachefile
> /usr/local/dokuwiki/data/cache/b/ba2cb456af4cb16193965cdc6e854da8.xhtml used
> -->
> -->

There is a matching open comment - its under the top cache file comment.
Dokuwiki doesn't normally do this, so I suspect your template or less likely
one of your plugins.

Switch to one of the two templates provided by dokuwiki and remove all the
plugins you installed and see if it goes away.  Then add things back one by one
checking each time to see if the comments have come back.

- Chris